Friday, May 9, 2014

Get Cape. Wear Cape. FLY.

Remember how when we were kids and having a bad day meant losing our favourite crayon ?  I was just thinking about a time ,when there was no such thing as  bitching . When there were no bad people . When we'd believe everything we were told . We'd actually smile more in reality than we did for pictures .When our parents were our superheroes . When coming home was the best feeling. When our only worries were why we weren't allowed to watch more TV. When milk with chocolate felt like tasting heaven . When afternoons were meant for crazy sleep. When sitting on swings would fix a bad feeling. It'd be our happy pill . When jalebiiii would BE the  ecstasy of our life . When the rain would call out to us . When wearing short clothes wouldn't make someone label us as something. When we scribbled in notebooks and not netbooks.

I know I know . I sound like  I have Missingmychildhoodsyndrome, maybe I do, I mean if there is such a thing... . Now if you're about the age of my parents you'd be all , exactly, that's what we've been saying all along . I hate to think I'd agree to them . It makes me think of maturity, growing up, life, responsibilities.. No wait. It makes me feel OLD! That's why I miss old days and I want to live it again.


I want to  curl under my bed and hide . I want to drive my electronic car and park it like a boss. Wear clothes with coloured polka dots. Watch the reruns of powerpuff girls and tom 'n' jerry because they were the coolest cartoon network ever got to. Draw crap and be appreciated for it by my mom. Fit my ass on a slide. Play scrabble with daddy and still win because 'HUMESHA' is a word in my dictionary. Enjoy those long afternoon sleeps . Sing my heart out . Get jalebiiiii wasted . Dance like no ones watching . Do all the clichéd crap they show in those chic flicks . You know why ?

As stupid as it is , it will gives us happiness. Not the  happiness with survival rates lower than your smartphone battery  , but that soothing sense of satisfaction , that upbeat 'always going to keep us smiling' force which will keeps us going .
Why I'm not doing it , I don't know . Guess I wouldn't be penning it down if I were doing this .

P.s. I think it's fair being this emotional sometimes because sometimes, well almost always , life gets tough ..
But  I guess it's  only life (yes Kate Voegele helps me think like that)


So I lost my cape , I can't find it . Help me fly?

2 comments:

  1. It made me feel like
    "Ye daulat bhi lelo, ye shohrat bhi lelo, bhale chhin lo mujhse meri jawani, magar mujhko lautado bachpan ka saawan wo kagaz ki kashti wo baarish ka paani"
    Loved it Krishni :-)

    ReplyDelete